First Armenian Church
The first Armenian Church, a Wooden structure was built in 1707 aad named St. Johns was destroyed by fire in the same year, the present Armenian Holy Church of Nazareth situated at No. 2. Armenian Street wa», by the unceasing efforts of the late Agha Nazar built in 1724, the Architect was the late Mr. Ghevond, an Armenian from Iran. The Belfry and the Steeple were added by Mr. Mantuel Hazarmalian in 1734, and later during 1789, Agha Catchick Arakiel presented an English Clock which he had ordered from the firm of Messrs Alexander Hare of London the Clock arrived in 1792 and was fixed on the Clock Tower, but unfortunatley it v as two years after the death of Mr. Arakiel. The clock is still in perfect running Condition, the site on which this Church is built was the old Armenian Cemetery.